Rules for the 2014
ROY FINLAY MEMORIAL
NATURAL HISTORY COMPETITION
The Competition will be on Friday 14th November 2014. The venue is still to be agreed.
Roy Finlay entries and fees need to be given to Stephen Glenn ASAP but no later than Wednesday 22nd October.
1) An entry shall consist of prints, on a mount whose maximum dimensions are 40cm by 30cm, or digital files in jpg format, sRGB colour space, with a maximum width of 1400 pixels and a maximum height of 1050 pixels.
2) The copyright must belong to the entrant.
3) The subject may be any natural object or organism in the wild and unrestrained and unconfined. Domestic, Zoo, Feral or escaped animals or those in collections etc., and cultivated plants are ineligible.
4) The faithful representation of the subject at the taking of the shot must be maintained. Digital manipulation of the whole image, e.g. rotation to level the horizon, sharpening or cropping is permissible. However, part manipulation, e.g. the addition of a highlight in the eye, or removal of unwanted detail is not, nor are sandwich shots, combinations of separate images etc.
5) While reasonable care will be taken to protect entries, NIPA will not be liable in the event of loss or damage however caused.
6) Each image should be labelled with a title, author's name and club. The entry should also show the entrant's address and telephone number or email address.
7)There will be an entry fee of £1 for each image entered.
The entry form is an overview of the details written on the rear of each print. For example:
Any camera club
1. Title 1
2. Title 2, etc.
To a maximum of ten images.
The entry fee enclosed, eg 4 entries £4.
A folder / envelop/ containing all your images; the overview / entry sheet and entry fee, should be given to Stephen Glenn.